Skip to content
- 2017, Inducted into the Immigrant Heritage Hall of Fame (IHHF).
- 2017, Honored at the Annual CT Immigrant Day Ceremony of the CT Immigrant and Refugee Coalition (CIRC)
- 2017, Honored by the Norwich Art’s Center with a Lifetime Achievement Award for her contribution to the Arts in Connecticut.
2016, CT San Juan Center, Lifetime Achievement Award for her contributions to the arts and the community.
- 2015, CT Adoptive and Foster Parent Program (CAFAP) Outstanding Community Partner Award.
- 2015, CT Department of Children and Families (DCF) Outstanding Community Partner Award for her commitment and diligence in the production of the Docudrama TEAR, in recognition of your dedication to the interests and needs of children and families.
- 2015, Identidad Latina Mediam Latino de Oro award for her advocacy and contributions to the Latino Arts and the Community in CT.
- 2012, CT Women’s Hall of Fame, “Voice and Vision” recognition.
- 2009, Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHIE) recipient of the William Aguilar Cultural Award, as Outstanding Latina in Literary Arts or Publications.
- 2009, CT Center for the Book of the Library of Congress, Lifetime Achievement in Service to the Literary Community Award.
2007, CT Women’s Education and Legal Fund (CWELF) the Maria Miller Steward Award One Woman Makes A Difference.
- 2006, Inaugural Diversity Award from the Office of the Vice-Provost for Multi Cultural and International Affairs, University of Connecticut the Pioneer for Human Rights Advocacy.
- 2006, Saint Joseph College-School of Social Work, the Living Legend Award.
- 2001, State of CT Latino and Puerto Rican Affairs Commission, Latina Citizen of the Year.
- 2000, Hispanic Professional Network (HPN) Cultural Music and Arts Award in recognition of dedication to preserve history and create cultural awareness of Hispanic culture.
- 1996, CT Poetry Society, First Prize in the Joseph E. Brodine Poetry Competition.
- 1991, Coalition for Lesbian and Gay Civil Rights & Alternatives-The Gay and Lesbian Cultural Organization, Celebrating Artists Awards.